Friday, February 19

Creativity and socks: Fridays here at the blog

Happy Friday everyone! I have found some pretty interesting articles and shared them on facebook but forgot to do it here. Today, we have creativity and mental health and socks

Yes, you read it well socks and what they say about you. Are you wearing neon polka dots or with some comics on it? Do I hear a yes? You are intriguing and rebellious. It is what John Haltiwanger says in his article. I have already gone through my stash of socks and family knows that I always like a pair of socks as a gift. Yes, socks! 

The second one is related to how any form of creativity is good for your mental health. Yep, any form it may be knitting, art, photography, crochet, gardening, cooking... These are good for stress relief and getting relaxed. The author of the study explains that :

“Using knitting to achieve a meditative state of mind could enable a much wider population to experience the benefits of meditation, as it does not entail having to understand, accept or engage in a prolonged learning period of the practice. It happens as a natural side-effect of knitting.”

Have a lovely weekend and see you Monday! I will be preparing myself for the Kid's Clothes Week, starts on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment